How to Connect with Clients During The Quarantine
Creative Ideas to Connect with Your Clients During The Quarantine
Right now, we are all asking the question: “How do we get clients during the quarantine?!?"
Here's a crazy idea - connect with the ones who already know and love you!
Their vacations have been canceled and they are spending A TON of time looking around their homes realizing that the ONE SPACE you didn't design, needs some serious TLC.
Here are a few creative ways to connect with your clients and show them how much you love them during this quarantine...
(1) DROP A GIFT
Who doesn't love a random gift? We are ALL going through some stressful situations right now and a little gift is just the thing that can brighten someone's day.
Here are some ideas:
- A bottle of their favorite wine
- A cutting board if they like to cook
- A fun board game if they are home with the kids
- A coffee table book – leave a note on how to style it!
- A gorgeous plant – leave a note telling them which room it would look best in
- My suggestion, a cute succulent garden (leave them with tips on how to keep it alive)
- A gourmet food basket because Y.U.M.
Whatever it is - make it personal to them! AND include a little handwritten note to let them know that you are thinking about them.
(2) CHECK-IN - PHONE CALL OR EMAIL
During this quarantine, a lot of people have been stuck in their homes alone… Some moms are DYING for an adult conversation (yes, I feel this way sometimes). This is an amazing opportunity to reconnect!
You know your clients, so I’m not going to tell you that one size fits all but give the talkers a phone call and shoot the emailers an email.
If you are emailing them, ask SPECIFIC questions, don’t just blast them with spam.
My note during all of this: REAL HUMAN CONNECTION IS KEY!
(3) SEND THEM ROOM IDEAS
This is one of my FAVORITE TIPS...
It’s thoughtfulness + your design skills = PERFECT CLIENT SURPRISE!
Send your clients room “refresh” or “upgrade” ideas. No, I’m not saying give out free design advice, I’m saying INSPIRE THEM!! Remind them how bada$$ you are! They are sitting around thinking about what their home oasis COULD look like… so just give them the much-needed nudge.
There are a few different ways you could do this:
- Send them a few links to new pieces you’ve found that are at a great price
- “Hey, I was thinking about how we never upgraded your sofa, and I found the perfect one WITH performance fabric” …
- Just think, they are really using their homes now, so they are realizing what works and what doesn’t.
- Send them a mood board of “room inspo” for that one room that you didn’t design for them (see my next tip for more on this).
My tip here: Show them you are thinking about them while also reminding them how amazing you are!
(4) OFFER A 1-HOUR VIRTUAL CONSULTATION TO UPDATE A ROOM IN THEIR HOME FOR FREE...THEY MAY JUST HIRE YOU TO IMPLEMENT IT ONCE THEY HEAR YOUR AWESOME IDEAS!
Yes. Yes. Yes. Amen. YESSSS.
I don’t know about you, but some of us have sooooo much time on our hands. Our creative juices need a jumpstart and we need to maintain our design skills!
Reach out to your favorite clients and offer a FREE 1-hour virtual consultation to update a room in their home.
Our goal – reconnect with your clients, inspire them with some free design advice, and then seal the deal to implement the design once they hear your awesome ideas!
My tip: Have a “template” or “guideline” for your call so you don’t go over on time, but make sure you give them such an amazing “free sample” – that they want the whole sha-bang!
You’ve got this. You have some amazing clients who already know you, know how you work, and how talented you are! Connect with them during this quarantine and even if you don’t “seal the deal”, they will tell their friends about how amazing their interior designer is.
Whenever you do connect with your clients, share with us how it went by connecting with us on Instagram @DesignedForTheCreativeMind + @MLInteriorsGroup or use the hashtag #MichelleMadeMe!